A testimonial is a standard report to certify the student's current status with regard to his/her studies at the University.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form and apply by post or in person at the SGS Taught Postgraduate Student Records Service Counter, together with the required fees payment. Students who apply in person at the Service Counter can collect their testimonials on the day they make the applications. If the request is made by post, please allow 7 working days, excluding mail delivery time, for processing.
- After applying by post or in person, applicants may authorize a third party to collect the testimonials on their behalf through AIMS or by signing an authorization letter. In this case, your authorized representative should present the following upon collection of the testimonials:
- HKID Card/passport of your authorized representative
- For authorization submitted through AIMS (following the steps here)
- The email notification for your authorization
- For written authorization
- An authorization letter signed by you (letter template is available here)
- A photocopy of your CityU Student Identity Card/HKID Card/passport with your student number and programme code written on it (This document will be returned to your authorized representative after inspection.)
- Testimonials sent overseas will be by regular air mail. The University will not be responsible for any mishandling of mail.
Fees chargeable including postage of local or regular air mail is HK$30 per copy. An additional postal fee of HK$15.5 is required per recipient for testimonials sent by registered mail.