Research degree programmes aim to provide advanced education to nurture people who can:
- contribute to the advancement of knowledge through independent and original research;
- demonstrate specialist subject knowledge and a high level of transferable skills, including analytical, communication and leadership skills; and
- enhance economic, social and cultural development.
Research degree programmes consists of both coursework and independant research studies culminating in the submission of a thesis.
The University offers the following two types of research degree programmes:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)