|Year of Entry||2017|
|Mode of Funding||Non-government-funded|
|Mode of Programme||Combined †|
|Class Schedule||Weekday evenings and Saturday afternoons|
|Indicative Intake Target||5 (The programme can admit more students based on the candidates’ academic merit and work experience.)|
|Minimum No. of Credits Required||57|
|Normal Duration of Programme||4 years|
|Maximum Study Period||6 years|
|Programme Website||Click here to open|
Dr Alan CHAN
BSc(Engg), MPhil, PhD, CEng, FHKIE, FHKES, FIEHF, FIET, FIISE
+852 3442 8439
+852 3442 0173 (Fax)
To be eligible for admission to a professional doctorate programme, applicants must meet the University’s general entrance requirements and the entrance requirements specific to individual programmes:
• hold a Master’s degree in a related engineering discipline/profession (or equivalent qualification)* from a recognised university; and
• have at least five years’ recent work experience at a senior level.
• the University may prescribe other additional entry qualifications, as deemed appropriate.
* Equivalent qualifications mentioned above include relevant professional qualifications or other scholarly achievements recognised by the University.
Applicants from a university where the language of teaching is not English should satisfy the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
• a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet-based); or
• an overall band score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
• band 6 in mainland China’s College English Test; or
• other equivalent qualifications.
Innovation and Technology Management